Mako Networks is a network solutions vendor headquartered in Elgin, Illinois. The company was founded in New Zealand in 2000. The company’s flagship product is the Mako System, a cloud-managed network creation and management platform targeted towards distributed enterprises. The Mako System is a PCI DSS certified solution and Mako sells a range of cloud-managed appliances that connect to the Internet via broadband and are designed to help merchants set up secure network environments.
As the UX Architect at Mako Networks:
- I created an unified interface across all digital solutions and products, critically reducing the design / prototyping / development / testing process.
- Improved overall performance of the service as it moved from complete server rendering to a combination of client side and back-end business logic.
- Designed a UI style guide to help developers use the right tools for the right moment creating the Interface.
- Advocated Web interaction design best practices, with a focus on consistency and usability
- Assured that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Built reusable code and libraries for future use
- Closely worked with back-end developers to optimize existing Web technology and create the best possible user experience
- Collaborated with other team members and stakeholders
- Created clean, precise browser-compatible code
- Designed functionality
- Developed site navigation by categorizing content; funneling traffic through content
Worked with backend engineers and QA to see projects through, from conception to completion